Hi Digna, You don't remember, "Digna,same house, same car" Or something like that! You know I am 42 now and the brain does not work very good in the memory department!! Oh, Pui had a special nickname for me - "Debbie Webbie Bear"!!!!! And he still uses it!!
Hey, ...Yep! Pui named most of us. Almost as soon as I had met him, he called me "ROCK". And it stuck. There were several brothers who didn't know my real name for a while, and one even made a check out to Chris Rock! Lisa was usually called "Spence", andlater picked up "Stimpy", as her tongue tends to dangle from her mouth when concentrating just like Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy. She still does it! Oh the names...Chia, Freedom Rock, Crunch (I'll won't list them all to not steal anyone's memory.) Love you all!! - Chris and Lisa Donohue
Pui would call me Mui Mui, that means little sister in chinese. I didn't have a nickname that everyone called me by. Instead, I had a song revised for me. And of course, the song was re-written by Pui and the brothers... "I've been rebuked by Jennifer Lam" (instead of, "I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb")
I don't remember a nickname other than Lizzy. Though I do remember Debbie trying to pronounce my last name, and for Meizlik, she came up with "my-eyes-lick". That was a new one for me and creative on Debbie's part.
Yep, I was called "Gene" or "crunch". We also used to joke with the then Jennifer Lam that she had 21 out of 7 quiet times for that week, due to her incredible level of spirituality compared to the rest of us mere mortals.
Here's another tribute to Pui's creativity - "BUN"!!! I'm still traumatized by the time where everyone chased me when Pui told everyone to grab a bun at one of our campus picnics. Thank goodness it died off! Of course we can't forget Raul "Oscar Mayer"! Wow, the memories. This all seems like a lifetime ago!!!
Let see...the name Pui gave me was Juno! Because when we met I would say You Know! all the time... It stuck even after I stoped saying the phrase... Great memories! Steph
hey mary-terry! how are you doing. i have photos of you and your household, when you guys lived in that nice townhouse. I need to post some more old photos. how are you doing? i would love to add you to the campus reunion email list. could i get your email?
14 comments:
It wasn't used very often, but Pui Sing Tang tried to latinize my name:
"Marsaj" - where the ll was pronounced like in llama.
Hi Digna,
You don't remember, "Digna,same house, same car" Or something like that! You know I am 42 now and the brain does not work very good in the memory department!!
Oh, Pui had a special nickname for me - "Debbie Webbie Bear"!!!!!
And he still uses it!!
Hey, ...Yep! Pui named most of us. Almost as soon as I had met him, he called me "ROCK". And it stuck. There were several brothers who didn't know my real name for a while, and one even made a check out to Chris Rock! Lisa was usually called "Spence", andlater picked up "Stimpy", as her tongue tends to dangle from her mouth when concentrating just like Stimpy from Ren and Stimpy. She still does it! Oh the names...Chia, Freedom Rock, Crunch (I'll won't list them all to not steal anyone's memory.) Love you all!!
- Chris and Lisa Donohue
Pui would call me Mui Mui, that means little sister in chinese. I didn't have a nickname that everyone called me by. Instead, I had a song revised for me. And of course, the song was re-written by Pui and the brothers... "I've been rebuked by Jennifer Lam" (instead of, "I've been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb")
- Jennifer :)
More stroling down memory lane...how about:
Ana Banana (Ana Ramos)
Jitter (Sandy Eligon)
Slo-Mo (James D.)
Scatter (Chase Hymer)
Keep 'em coming!
-Chris Rock and Lisa
Um, Mine was Monica K - but I never did understand where it came from! (Although I know it was Pui). Seems to me that there were a lot of "K" names.
Pui used to call me nikki nikki nikki nikki nikki
I don't remember a nickname other than Lizzy. Though I do remember Debbie trying to pronounce my last name, and for Meizlik, she came up with "my-eyes-lick". That was a new one for me and creative on Debbie's part.
Lizzy Vargas
Yep, I was called "Gene" or "crunch". We also used to joke with the then Jennifer Lam that she had 21 out of 7 quiet times for that week, due to her incredible level of spirituality compared to the rest of us mere mortals.
hey Richard,
I remember the first time I met you... You said hi and walked around me and went into my frige. LOL Rob (Chil-Rob-G)
Here's another tribute to Pui's creativity - "BUN"!!! I'm still traumatized by the time where everyone chased me when Pui told everyone to grab a bun at one of our campus picnics. Thank goodness it died off! Of course we can't forget Raul "Oscar Mayer"! Wow, the memories. This all seems like a lifetime ago!!!
I was just Bill Man... Thanks Pui and Deb...
Stephanie Here...
Let see...the name Pui gave me was
Juno! Because when we met I would say You Know! all the time...
It stuck even after I stoped saying the phrase...
Great memories!
Steph
hey mary-terry! how are you doing. i have photos of you and your household, when you guys lived in that nice townhouse. I need to post some more old photos. how are you doing? i would love to add you to the campus reunion email list. could i get your email?
-jennifer
Post a Comment